Monday, February 18, 2013

It's been too long

Hi, everyone!


february printable calendar download

Wow, I started this blog around Thanksgiving with hopes that it would be successful documentation for me about my life. But, I've been slacking. Not only with this, but lately with homework as well. You see, I wasn't sure of having a future where I currently go to school right now, and I was going to switch schools, meaning junior year and senior year would be crazy. I found this awesome program, and out of high expectations thought I could convince my parents to let me go for a semester in junior year and one in senior year as well, and then even to graduate early and work as a volunteer in the Peace Corps. Yeah, I guess I didn't realize those expectations were a bit too high.

Now I still might be able to convince my parents to let me go during the Junior or Senior year however hard it may be with the workload I'll be getting I want to give it a shot.

This summer will be great and I can already feel it, but to stay in the present.
I'd like to post my goals.

i. Take more pictures.
ii. Get outdoors.
iii. Sing in the Spring Showcase.
iv. Visit a coffee shop with my friends.
v. Read more books.
vi. Make Heads List.
vii. Get up earlier, and go to bed earlier.
ix. Try something new. (surfing!!!)
x. Limit time spent on the computer, but make time for my blog at the same time.
xi. Embrace failure!
xii. Respond positively to things you don't like, don't wanna do, or things that are hard.
xiii. Send a letter to Wes Anderson.
xiv. Spend more time doing things I love, even if that means, "me" time.
xv. Run more!

So that is a pretty long list of goals and I don't expect to have all of them "completed" because change is a lengthly process, that no one wants to go through, especially not me, but I know it's needed. I hope you all are having a great Monday, but tonight brings me to the end of my great 4-day weekend and back into the long haul of homework for a high school sophomore, ha-ha.

I'll end with another quote

The benefits of the accomplished journey cannot be weighed in terms of perfect moments, but in terms of how this journey affects and changes our character. -Ella Maillart

No comments:

Post a Comment