Friday, February 22, 2013

Obsessed with TED



I have a sick obsession, with TED.

No, TED is not a person, or a movie about a talking teddy bear.
TED or TED talks, are what help me wake up in the morning, what gives me ideas and inspiration, what feeds my vast hunger for knowledge beyond the set in stone high school curriculum. It's like your sitting down low, the lights are on, even if you neck hurts from looking up, or your seat is squeaky, or you have a horrid coughing attack it's alright. You in a room with a bunch of strangers, people you don't know, people who have great ideas, and people who want to open up. I think TED talks should be called "Get Smart in 15 or so minutes!" Because, literally all of them, no matter how monotone the speakers voice was, how distracting it was that they were moving around, or how I might not have heard a word they said because of some thick accent from a country I can't pronounce, they all teach me something. All I want to do is see people breaking the bonds of normality with open minds and open hearts. I want to see people stepping away from troubles, and maybe that means stepping into failure, but the way they rise up from it, is simply magical.
I want to know what freedom tastes like, and I want to live with little possessions to my name.
Why you ask?
Because, in all honesty, who isn't yearning for the next product that the great minds at Apple will think up and create?
Who isn't waiting for the next big thing, I mean how flatter can T.V.'s really get?
Who isn't watching the fashion shows, and worrying about how much they eat, or what they look like to others.
I think you should be worrying about 3 simple things.
1) If you are happy.
2) If you are doing what you love.
3) If you've changed the world, whether massively, or you made the smallest peak in the mountain.

Also, you have to understand nobody is perfect.

Yesterday I was talking to my dad about these popular kids at my school, and how my neighbor (who I used to have lots of fun with) forgets she knows me because they are all her friends. But, no-one is perfect, and I can't blame her for the actions of her friends. Everyone in high school no matter kid or adult is gonna be a coward. Like seriously, everyone. So that kid who bullies your friend, well they were bullied their whole life by their parents. Don't worry about the people who don't care,  but don't hate them either, you've got to let them live their life because you don't know their story. However, thinking about it, I am still upset. But more-so upset with myself, because I could have spoken up, I could've talked to my neighbor, but I avoided it. I could've made friends with people, but I was afraid I wasn't good enough for them.

I can get over this, it will just take time, change doesn't happen in a day.
But three things I'm gonna try in addition to my previous three things are,

1) stop gossiping, or letting gossip happen, either say "I don't wanna talk about this" or bring something else up. But don't ever start it, it will come back around, because it's in the 10 commandments.

2) Tell myself I love myself, in the mirror, every a.m. and night, then for 30 seconds visualize who I want to become, and where I wanna go in 2 years.

3) Watch my top 3 ted talks every night to work toward my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment