Friday, March 1, 2013

A Decent Start to March

February, however hard it may be to spell, and however short it is, it's over.
And I'm mostly happy because I know I'm not gonna waste the next 4 months, and I know I'm not gonna regret what I do this summer.


credit

Two of the TED talks, I found a week ago, really spoke to me. Who knew getting a macbook would lead to this?

However one is called, "Sell you crap. Pay your debt. Do what you love." the other is "The method - By Failure, Fun, and Fire."

And to summarize, to sum it up these TED talks were about ripping up the life script everyone the world writes for you, also about social conformity, and learning from what may seem like the end of your world.

A lot of the times, people,  mainly teenagers, blow things way out of proportion, and it's not until later we realized how embarrassed  or ashamed we are of doing that.

For example I had a really bad Thursday night, was thinking about "pretending" to be sick, or taking a "mental health day," as my chemistry teacher calls it. ha-ha!! And like usual I made the excuse I'm depressed and I will kill my self, which is extreme, and I feel guilty for saying anything like that, but especially today in Math class, when our quiz was over, and by the way I really liked my group because one of my best friends was in it, but then again, we were talking about this college William and Mary, and my sister attended that college last year, but she left. Anyways, how they are the #2 college with the highest suicide rate.
I mean,
a) I didn't even know they made statistics about that?!?!
b) There was a kid in my sister's freshmen class, a guy, who killed himself, and they played "Yesterday" by the Beatles at the service.

It just made me think, wow, people really have these issues, and my best friend, that was in my group said, that's why my mom told me, "You need to know yourself before entering a situation."

Which is absolutely true, I mean I need to know myself, and know what I love and do it, to remain sane, make good friends, and have a good life. It is a key to enjoying your life.

Just like the quote in the pictures says, there is something beautiful on the horizon, whichever way you take this quote.

Personally, it means that don't hold a grudsge, or constantly get angry, because the sun when go up and then it will go down, and the horizon is freaking infitinte it's a never ending line, but you can't let stupid things in your life divert your attention and emotions for too long, because there is something beautiful on the horizon.

So if your day was bad, I'm sorry, but sometimes, the hardest storms, clear out to the brightest most illuminating rainbows.

Have a Great March!

- Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment